Now what will the chances be of us finding a spot at Newbold I wonder? We left about 9.30 as I had managed to get out of my bed at 7.30 early riser for once. There had already been a few boats on the move so fingers crossed a little space was waiting for us. Having watched the weather on the tele we knew what was on the way and we did very well because we didn't get wet once. What ever happened to SUMMER? We came through the Newbold tunnel and the pretty lights weren't turned on perhaps all the water has blown something up.(and no it wasnt't me). Passed the water point would there be a space oh no nothing on the 48hr on a bit further and eureka just room for us, tied up, canopy up and down came the rain lucky or what. Had a nice cup of coffee then put our wetties on for a trip to the Co-Op and to find our where the bus stop was. Trip into Rugby planned for tomorrow as I need to get a new Senior Rail card, got to save some money somewhere, might as well use my old age to my advantage.
Once back with a few supplies (cant leave the cupboard empty for Paul) I set to and defrosted the fridge freezer a job long over due and in preparation for the BIG shop at Tesco when I come back from Kent.
To say that it is raining is the understatement of the year it is absolutely hammering down and the boats are still going past. Feel for those hire boaters who are on holiday at least we don't have to be anywhere for a certain time. While I am away this weekend Paul plans to give the batteries their service and if the weather is fine the paint pot will come out yet again. He has to fit a new ferrel to the throttle cable and give the engine its monthly check over and no doubt the remote will get plenty of use. The fishing rod may get an airing but if this weather keeps up Paul would rather be inside in the dry and warm.
Now are we sad or what we felt so chilly this afternoon actually lit the fire. Will only use half a skuttle of coal though we aren't made of money. Paul is so tight that he will only burn one nugget at a time!!!! Did splash out on 3 lottery tickets though, I live in hope.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Wednesday, 29 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm quite looking forward to shovelling coal; it'll take me back to when I was brought up by my Grandmother. We only had one coal fire to heat the whole house! And to be sat right in front of it getting chilblains is a memory to behold. Boiling hot cheeks in front of a danger of nature... fabulous stuff :)
Post a Comment