FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 20 July 2009

Peace and quiet on the Ashby


Have cruised for 5 hours today, yes, that long. Tackled the rest of the locks at Atherstone again all against us. we have met so many boats coming in the opposite direction was wondering if they knew something we didn't.



Saw a couple of BW guys on a dredger with a work barge attached then as we came round a corner this is what we saw. Now I think that tow path side of the canal where there is armco needs dredging to enable boats to moor up but after this little lot has been dumped on the tow path no one is going to be able to moor for quite sometime. There was about quarter of a mile like this wonder whose idea it was. You would have thought they would have done this in the winter to give it time to settle and dry for the summer period. No thats too easy. Didn't hang about going through Nuneaton it always looks a bit suspect to me probably is okay but you go with your gut feeling don't you. Finally came to the junction with the Ashby and for once nothing was coming through and Paul managed to get under the bridge without hitting it has he got it right after 2 years I ask my self. We came on to this canal in August of last year and I had marked a nice little mooring that we had used, well would you believe it when we were approaching it there was another boat moored. Dam and blast sprang to mind, chap on board waved as we went past and then must have thought to himself "they have all the canal and they have to moor up behind me", well sorry mate after 5 hours we had had enough and who knows we may even be little devils and stay here for 2 nights.
Last time on this canal the fishing was good for Paul so I am sure will stay in various spots for more than one night. At the time I was writing a diary type thing in a book, with a pen, how old fashioned is that, hadn't been shown the delights of blogging then so I have been busy reading through our adventures of last year, funny how you forget things, now know we can catch the bus to Hinkley from bridge 16 so may try that one day didn't do it last year as we called into the pub at Trinity Marina and that was as far as we got. No will power that's the trouble. We are in no rush to get any where so will probably spend a week taking in the things we missed first time round. Then the plan is to stop nr Hawkesbury and catch the bus into Coventry, may even sus out trains so I can pop down and see the grandchildren its been ages since I last saw them and I'm sure Paul can entertain himself for a few days.

No comments: