FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Wheaton Aston.

Monday saw us staying put in Brewood, the forecast said wet and windy which is was first thing but by lunch time it was quite pleasant but we really couldn't be bothered to go any where so we stayed one more night. I arranged for Jack to send the post up to Wheaton Aston having already rung the post office to make sure they would accept it.

Tuesday morning bright and early (9.30) we were on our way again. We travelled this way two years ago but I must admit I have forgotten just how lovely this canal is. When we got to Wheaton Lock there was a queue so we sat and waited our turn, at least there was plenty of help on hand. Once through the lock it was onto the sanitary station which I must say is one of the best around here with 4 taps and plenty of space. Then it was through the bridge for diesel as there was already someone being served we pulled over to wait our turn. Price yesterday was 73.9  with self declaration this is a bargain. Once moored up and after a spot of lunch we had a wander to find the PO.

This morning I went for the post, Paul suggested that I ring first to make sure that it was there, but Lynne knows best so off I trotted. Of course the post hadn't been delivered “it is due any minute” I was assured. Half an hour later and after chatting to all and sundry that came into the PO I decided to return to the boat saying I would ring in an hour to check that it had arrived. Don't you just hate it when the man of the house is right (for once).

The look on Pauls face when I returned post less was enough to curdle milk. As if it is my fault that Royal Mail were a bit late that day. He is still in the era where the postman arrived before you went to work not just as you are returning home. Around 12 I rang and the post was there so it was back into the village. I must say that this is a lovely place, every one I passed said hello, the place is clean and it would appear that every one takes a pride in their gardens.

Post was a bit of a disappointment really nothing of real interest except for this lovely picture of my granddaughter Milly who is nearly 4.

Milly  

Such a little cutie thanks Jack.

Again as it was past lunch time we decided to stay put. One good thing to come out of the late postal delivery was us meeting up with Doug and James nb Chance who are readers of our blog. Was nice to meet you guys and no doubt we will see you again in the not to distant future.

Another saving grace with being here is the fact that Paul has caught some fish, at least it has kept him out of my hair for a bit. Tomorrow we are definitely moving on come hell or high water, looks like we may get wet but who cares. I can always stay below and do chores and keep dry while Paul steers and gets wet, think that is the best plan all round.

1 comment:

4kids, 2 guinea pigs, 1 happy family said...

Lovely to find your blog, we have just had our first canal boat holiday, travelling from Brewood to Market Drayton. Looking forward to reading about your travels.
x