FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Coole Pilate.

We were up and ready to go at 8am this morning, just loosened the ropes and a boat came up the lock that was handy I thought to myself at least a few of the locks would be in our favour. I then turned to Paul to tell him that I was off to the lock and he was disappearing below “got to go “ he shouts. By the time he had returned a boat had pulled in front of us and was going into the lock. So for the first 6 locks I had to fill everyone. After that there were plenty coming up so it worked out just fine. At each lock I was getting grief from Paul he was accusing me of giving him food that upset his stomach. My stomach was okay so it was hardly his evening meal that has caused the problem. Perhaps it is something to do with this “lovely” McEwans beer he has been drinking it is the only thing we differ on.

Once through the 15 locks the plan was to carry on to Nantwich and meet up with Betty and Graham. Quick phone call and they informed us there is a country fair on at the moment and the moorings are like hens teeth. I knew Paul wouldn't want to go to this country fair so we pulled in at the Coole Pilate moorings. This is a lovely spot 48hr with rings and plenty of picnic tables and benches. Trouble is it is so warm you need to a bit of shade and there isn't any here. But later on I shall be out there with my glass of wine and my book. Paul no doubt will be thinking twice about cracking open another can of McEwans.

Tomorrow we will go through Nantwich find a nice mooring and wait for Betty and Graham to catch us up we can then share the double locks down to Chester.

No comments: