Yesterday saw us visiting Stafford for a wander and for me to do a reccy as to where the station is. It is only a bus ride from Great Haywood and an even shorter distance from bridge 98. Paul found a fishing shop and is now stocked up with ground bait, new floats, hooks and other paraphernalia that I haven't got a clue what it is. So he is all set for the weekend. He did manage to catch one fish last night,
This morning saw the going of Betty and Graham, they are off onto the Shroppie. We will be about a week behind them so you never know we may catch up with them sometime in the next couple of months.
Giving us a wide berth.
Not quite the “royal wave” but it will do.
Tixall wide is now empty of boats just us and two others. I am sure it wont last though by tonight I expect it will be full and by the weekend there wont be a space to be had. Met up with a guy this morning who was walking from Lands End to John o Groats he left Lands End a month ago and has given himself another two months to finish his walk. Forgot to mention that while we were at Little Haywood we met up with two boaters who read our blog is always nice to get some feed back.

2 comments:
We looked out for you when we were on our way back to Fradley when you were in Rugely. I think we must have gone to town when you lifted pins and passed to Little Haywood.
We also did the Great Haywood to Stafford bus trip, what a contrast Stafford is to Rugely?
Its a cracking Bream Paul has landed, I fished to a point of rudeness on our last trip out and caught plenty but got snapped three times by I presume Carp. It would be good if you could extract from Paul what the fish was caught on - bait hook size and line strength, just to aid my learning - I have only been fishing for 40 years... yikes but I'm always up for learning,
Take care and enjoy the shroppie - look our for the Eels
Nev
It was good to meet you at the weekend-keep up the good work!
Richard-NB pendle Warter
Post a Comment