What can I say, we have done absolutely nothing this weekend well that isn't exactly true. Qualifying was watched yesterday, I read my book. Then Paul finally got round to sorting out a couple of the "double glazing" units, they now fit like a bug in a rug. Hopefully the others will get sorted today after THE RACE. Australia was Skyped good signal I'm glad to say. I read my book. Paul is now settled in front of the tele waiting for the off.
When Paul took the dogs out this morning Crystal saw a couple of hares playing in the field, now the last time we were here Crystal did a runner having spotted a hare in the same field and it took us 2 hours to get her back. We have learnt our lesson and she is always on a long lead but of course this morning she ran down the bank in hot pursuit of her quarry only to be pulled up short when she reached the final length of the lead. Much to her annoyance. Only problem was she ended up to her knees in mud.

Butter wouldn't melt!
There has been a bit of boat movement and at the moment there are 4 of us here suppose the sunshine has something to do with it although the wind is bitter. Not too long till Easter when the traffic will increase considerably what a shame I love the tranquility of the winter months.
The picture below shows how far from bridge 90 we were when we the boat hit us in the dark while moored at Braunston, we reckon that the chap failed to steer out of the bridge and just kept going in a straight line. Either that or he was drunk!!!!!
Will we move tomorrow? I don't know, suppose we could get to Fenny compton and take advantage of the pub then have a slow cruise while waiting for Gosty. Know there is a nice mooring by Claydon top lock then again we may just keep going until we get to Cropredy.
1 comment:
What a wonderful picture of Crystal and Saffi, this is how I wanted to photograph them, but didn't have my camera at the time. Thankyou for posting it for us all to share.
I think we stopped in the lovely spot where you are now, but it was blowing a hooly so we didn't stay too long.
Post a Comment