Nb Ellen caught up with us yesterday and moored behind us at Cropredy. In the Afternoon Angela John and I plus 4 dogs all went out for a nice long walk across hill and dale. Paul didn't come because he was too bloody lazy and makes the same excuse that he has a bad knee he hasn't, just doesn't like walking. Well, we all enjoyed ourselves so that is all that matters. Just as we got back to the boat nb Leonard pulled up in front of us, we first saw this boat two years ago at Braunston when Paul had stuck his head into the engine room to admire the old engine, there is a youngish lad that owns it, so Paul was on the tow path chatting away and he chatted away for nearly 2 hours long enough for me to get dinner in the oven and watch a programme on the tele with out himself huffing and puffing. John also joined the two fellas and they have the cheek to say that women can talk.
This morning we set off for Banbury having been told by a passing boat that the lift bridge in the centre was up and boat traffic hadn't been stopped at all. Once there we moored up I did a quick nip to Wilkinsons then we made our way to bridge 168 for a shop at Morrisons, at least there is armco here now, although it is best to go under the bridge as before it is a bit on the muddy side. Must admit I purchased more than was on the list but Paul dropping things into the trolley didn't help I mean what am I suppose to do with MEALWORMS he tells me they are for fishing for one horrible moment I thought he wanted them on toast for his lunch silly me!!!!!
I unpacked the shopping while we continued our journey to our current mooring which is between lift bridges 170 and 171 we are on a nice bit of armco Tv reception isn't too good on the digital but ok on analogue which is just as well with the next round of the GP this weekend. On the up side we have a very good 3G signal on the dongle. We plan to stay here until Monday may get the boat washed down and Paul can get HIS headlight and bell cleaned so they look shiny again. Weather has turned wet as forecast, there are some nice walks here for the dogs as long as it dries up a bit.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Thursday, 25 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment