We left our overnight mooring around 9.30 this morning which for us is early. The journey was slow and we didn't see another boat until we got to the bottom lock at Napton luckily for us they were coming down so that meant all the locks going up would be set for us. While waiting the heavens opened not just rain but hail stones too. Paul was okay he was able to get his wetties on but did he think to get mine out oh no, his comment was "you are already wet so what's the point" charming eh! We met one more boat coming down and they informed us that the top pound at Marston Doles was low, that was an UNDERSTATEMENT Paul was pushing bottom between the two locks, going by the brickwork the pound was about 2ft down. As we were leaving the top lock a boat pulled in, Paul told him about the low pound and the chap was a bit concerned as his draft was 2ft 9ins ours is 2ft and we struggled hopefully he managed okay. It is about time something was done about the lack of water in this pound as everytime we use it we struggle.
We are now moored up between bridges 129 and 130 not too far from Fenny Compton, we really like this spot as it is quiet and good for the dogs, at least the tow path isn't muddy which is a bonus. Paul rang Ian on Gosty to see when he would be up this way and it won't be until next Friday don't know if we will hang around till then as we can't go past bridge 147 where Ian turns round, but we aren't in a rush so who knows.
Thanks for your comment Joe that's all I need someone to tell me there is even more motor racing on the tele AND the radio too, heaven help me, looks like I will be doing a lot of reading or playing on the laptop. Yes his crowns are GOLD, would you expect anything else, he now has 3 yes 3 gold crowns so I now wear a small pair of pliers on a chain round my neck so if he croaks it while we are out I can quickly retreive the crowns and maybe send them off "postal gold" to see if I can offset some of the cost of the incineration! Only joking I love him really!!!!!!!!!!! (I am still going to retrieve the gold though.)
Still can't post any photos which is a pain in the bum but there you go that's technology for you at least I can write my blog.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Friday, 12 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The pliers made us chuckle...
Take care and see you about
Lesley and Joe
Post a Comment