Yes, this morning I was woken by the alarm going off at 4.45am just so Paul could get up to watch the qualifying of the GP.(hence the early writing of this blog) I did ask why he couldn't watch the repeat later in the day and I was told in no uncertain terms that the repeat was an hour or so shorter than the earlier programme. My response to that was SO WHAT. Have now decided that tonight he can sleep on the dinette if he wants to get at 5am to watch the race I need my beauty sleep.
We are still moored by bridge 170 its been nice and quiet no one has moored near us a few boats have gone by struggling with the strong winds and rain that we had yesterday.
Two policemen (I use the word men loosely as one looked about 12), walked past the boat yesterday afternoon then seemed to disappear from the tow path only to surface about 15 minutes later, they saw me on the boat and had a quick chat, it transpired that there had been some break ins on boats at Cropredy and the suspect was a homeless man who just steals food. In the copice near by there is a tent and the police were checking it out to see if said homeless man was in it but he wasn't. It was funny they saying about a homeless man as in the morning we had seen a chap in his late 50's walking backwards along the tow path which we thought was very strange. Any way the policeman said if we saw anything suspicious to give them a ring, just imagine the response if we dialled 999 and said we were on the tow path a mile from Banbury and seen someone suspicious would they send a copper on a push bike ringing his bell I don't think so but all credit to them to be out looking for the villain.
Paul has been on the back of the boat fishing since the end of qualifying and has managed to catch a small roach, WOW! There's a boat coming along now so that will stir the canal up and put pay to any fish nibbling on his bait.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Saturday, 27 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Lynn
Joe recorded the qualifying and we watched the whole thing whilst enjoying a cooked breakfast at the civilised time of 08.00... same tomorrow I believe - except I am out of bacon, does a bowl of porridge count as a cooked breakfast do you think?
Lesley
Think you can just get away with porridge as being a cooked breakfast. Glad to hear someone is sensible and records the GP when it is at some ungodly hour.
Post a Comment