FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 27 February 2009

Slapton

Managed 9 locks today before mooring up. We caught up with a single hander on nb Wirrall Wanderer at the swing bridge just past Grebe Canal Cruisers. He had been waiting for someone to come along to help him as it is a bit difficult to do Swing bridges on your own. He went through first going on ahead to set the next lock while I sorted out the bridge, we then shared the next 6 locks with me doing the paddles and bottom gates the men closed the top gates after them to save me running around like a headless chicken.


We decided that once we were through Horton Lock we would look for a mooring which we found just before bridge 120, we said goodbye to our companion as he wanted to get to Leighton Buzzard and Tesco today. It is nice and quiet with 3 boats in the vicinity just after the bridge is Slapton lock and a water point so I think I may get the curtains washed this weekend. No I am not going to wash the curtains at the water point what I mean is we will be able to top up the tank on the way through. Paul has said its about time we got the boat washed down so that will mean taking all the crap off the roof but it must be done. No doubt after we have done this tiresome job it will rain.

No comments: