
Well here we are at Berkhamsted, the journey of about 3 miles took forever as all 9 of the locks were against us and at lock 60 try as I may I just couldn't shut the gate once Paul was in the lock. There he was standing on the back shouting "bounce the gate and it will start it moving" wrong, no amount of bouncing would budge it so Paul had to get off the boat and help me.I am only short so my little legs couldn't get the right amount of leverage. I had just about had enough by the time we went through Berkhamsted lock. Luckily there was a mooring near the lock so we are settled for a few days. Ive made my appointment with the doc so I'm off to Kent tomorrow back Friday. While we are here have to buy a new smoke alarm as ours gave up the ghost, I had taken it down and it fell on the floor gave a squeak and that was it, we just couldn't coax it back to life. Do I dare venture into Waitrose before we leave probably on Monday, their food is so nice but so expensive I only need bits so I think I will wander to Tesco and be very strict with my self but then Paul needs beers I need meat and milk and bread and wine. Sod it I'll go to Waitrose, Paul can get his beers from Tesco as they are on offer. At the moment there is a very fine drizzle the kind that makes you very wet and I must nip to the bank. Guess what Paul is doing....... thats right another b****y cowboy film.

No comments:
Post a Comment