FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 14 February 2009

Posh or not

We went to The Paper Mill last night for a swift half and a reccy of the menu. We decided not to eat there but to leave it over until Saturday night however Paul in his infinite wisdom decided to phone the bank to see if he could get a short term loan so he could take me out tonight (romantic that he is......not). As the bank was not in agreement with this because they have cocked up the monetary system of the UK we are going to stay on board and have belly pork and chips.
While there we noticed a table of suited and booted personnel having their after work drinks. I remarked to Paul " I remember you were always smartly dressed in suit, crisp shirt, polished shoes and well kept mustache when you worked in your high flying job" Look at him now same old work trousers, sweat shirt with yesterdays dinner down it, unshaven, muddy boots, and a scruffy anorak. Who would have thought his dress code could go down hill so fast. Mind you when we were in Spain the only difference was no muddy boots or scruffy anorak sometimes it was his T shirt with his dinner down it. Would I swap him mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I need a bit of time to think that one through.

Andy knocked on his way back to Granny Buttons he has just left his mooring on his way to Berkhampsted.

We had a wander to Homebase this morning bought a new pair of five holes, some bike locks and a new mat for the kitchen. Tomorrow I am going to Argos for cartridges for my printer and new dogs beds, then back to Homebase for timber so Paul can modify the toilet. Monday WE ARE MOVING.

No comments: