FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 21 February 2009

Nice to see the sun.

I went to Kent Thursday afternoon, had managed to get an appointment at the docs for Friday morning. Journey from Berkhamsted to Sittingbourne took just over two hours which was fine by me. When I got back to the boat Friday Paul informed me that he was going to take me out for a meal, had a wander to the high street and found a Weatherspoons so Paul had his favourite mixed grill and I had pasta and very nice it was too, two meals two drinks for less than twenty quid. Andy (Granny Buttons) knocked the boat last evening he is moored about 10 boats up from us his next stop is Leighton Buzzard. We have to take the dogs to the vet here on Monday for their booster jabs then on Tuesday will head off again. Will probably stop at Cowroast as it is nice there then slowly get up to Braunston must make sure I read the emails from BW regarding the landslip at the tunnel in case there is a stoppage or further restrictions. That's all I need problems with the tunnel when I hate going through it.

I am taking advantage of the sun today and have done two loads of washing, airer is on the back so everyone walking the tow path can see and smell my nice clean clothes. We had a look at the market stalls here this morning, found one that does sweets and Paul spied hard liquorice so I left him there to make his purchase when he caught up with me he hadn't bought anything, when I asked him why he said "the woman wanted 15p for one stick of liquorice and I'm not paying that it used to cost 2 sticks for a penny" (old penny that is) so as you can see Paul doesn't buy liquorice sticks very often, he said he wouldn't have minded paying 5 or 10p a stick but 15p was pushing it. So we went into Tesco and bought a bag of liquorice allsorts £1.28 for 215 grms hate to think what 215 grms of sticks would have cost also bought gummy bears, crunchies and chocolate buttons oh dear should never have gone in there but I did buy milk and bread as well. Gummy bear sandwich any one!
Sunshine has bought everyone out walking the towpath nice to see all the families together.

No comments: