FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 5 February 2009

Right place Right time

Before Christmas I think I told you about Paul's quest to get a bit of discount off of a Seiko watch he reeeeeeally wanted all to no avail. (this is a bit of a lie the watch he reeeeally wanted was a ROLEX Submariner but he couldn't justify the expense nor could I) Well while we were in town he just had to look longingly again at "the Seiko watch". In one store it had gone up £25 oh no would he ever be able to buy this thing. On to the next store and there it was still at the Christmas price so in Paul marches "how much discount will you give me on the Seiko" without batting an eyelid the retailer says 10% (no discount before Christmas 10% now!!!) "I'll have it" says Paul. So at last one happy hubby then I thought to myself "it's my birthday next week I want a new watch as well" and result, we got 10% off that Seiko one too. While Paul was splashing the cash the guy in the shop showed him a fax they had received this morning from head office stating that Paul's watch had in fact gone up £25 but they hadn't had time to reprice it in the window so that is an even better result.
On the walk back to the boat Paul says to me " didn't I buy you a new phone for your birthday" and the answer was NO YOU DIDN'T I bought it for myself and it was a Christmas present not birthday present.
We are now ready for the off tomorrow and looks like it may be in the snow. Paul has his pills we have food and water. So nothing is going to stop us. Pump is working okay I tested that out this morning, must do washing while on the move. Had an email from our Australian friends on nb Roxanne they are on their way to Uxbridge but unfortunately we will have gone by the time they get here. Shame but I'm sure we will meet up again.

No comments: