FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 6 February 2009

Are we mad or what!

I was woken in the night by thunder and heavy rain.( Paul was woken in the night by his bladder) When we finally surfaced from our beds it was still raining, when we had got ourselves ready for the off it was sleeting. Nothing was going to stop us so we donned our wetties and set off. Lucky for us a work barge was coming out of Denham Lock as we approached. The lock area was a bit treacherous but I managed like the brave little soldier I am. As we cruised along the sleet turned to snow and it was absolutely freezing on the back. It was getting so bad that Paul was having problems seeing, when we got to Harefield lock 86 I decided I had had enough so once through the lock we moored up in a convenient spot in walking distance of the pub. Got the canopy up dogs walked and blow me if it didn't stop snowing.

So today we have done the sum total of one and half hours cruising. Light weights or what. We will break with tradition and travel tomorrow (don't normally move weekends). But at least we are through Denham. Know that lock 64 is shut till the 13th so we have a week to do about 14 miles think we can do that if we we go very slow and spend every other day moored up somewhere. Paul has to meet up with a guy before lock 64 so must give him a ring to say we are on the way.

No comments: