FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Thursday, 26 February 2009
Marsworth
We got here yesterday left Cowroast around 10, when we got to the first lock by the Wendover Arm I got a bit confused (no surprise there) For so long now we have been going UP the locks that now we were going DOWN I had to think what to do. At least all the locks are close together and I was able to walk them all. In one of the locks we found that on emptying it would appear that the bottom paddles were still open so the water was filling the lock nearly as fast as it was emptying. We did see a BW guy and told him but I am sure it would have been reported before. By the time I had done 6 locks we decided to moor up, on a nice stretch of armco just before the final one, we are behind hotel boat Tragara which is heading for the K & A. Popped into the White Lion for a drink, a nice pub but there was only us in there so not a lot of atmosphere, we then walked a few step down the road to the Anglers Retreat and the difference was amazing, more welcoming, more people, some of whom were boaters and the beer was cheaper. They also do food but cant comment on that as we didnt partake. Have spent today here, Paul managed to get the last of the logs cut up, will move tomorrow and find a quiet place for the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment