FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Why is nothing ever straight forward………

Friday saw me packed and ready to go to Jess’s Paul was walking the tow path with me so he could pick up the “roses” which had been sent to the Post Office in the village. There I was sat on the bus when the phone rings, it’s Paul. “Where is Tim Hobbs phone number” “what’s up” I ask, “the roses are the wrong bloody size”  so I go into great lengths to tell him  how to find the website on the desk top of the computer. 5 minutes later the phone rings again, “ there is no Tim Hobbs web site on the desktop” says the fraught voice, so there I am with a bus load of people listening to my conversation as I explain just where on the desk top the web site is. “Oh yes I’ve found it now” Words failed me.

When I got to Jess’s I gave Paul a ring to find out how he had got on, well I wished I hadn't asked, needless to say Paul had a row with Tim over the phone, from what I can gather the conversation went something like this.” The roses are the wrong size, how can you make such a mistake when we emailed you a picture design and the dimensions and reiterated them to  you  again over the phone to which you agreed.” the staggering reply was ummmmmmm. he went straight on the defensive and said it was Pauls fault. Now we have 8 doors that required the roses 6 had to be 15”x 6” and 2 at 12”x^6 we were assured that the roses could be made to any size to the customers requirements. Initially we were quoted £12.50 per panel plus p&p which made it over a £100 but we then got an email to say that he had calculated it all wrong and the price was £4.50 per panel plus £5 p&p we thought this was a good price as other sites are around the £7 mark which we were quite prepared to pay, so that is when we said go for it. Now what Paul wanted to know was, when the sizes had been emailed and confirmed by phone how is it that we received 8 panel of roses at 81/2 by 51/2 nothing like we agreed. I gather by this time that the conversation was getting very heated and it was then we were accused of wanting something on the cheap, bloody cheek. Paul could have sent the roses back but was told to remake them would cost us more money. So I  understand Paul had strong words with him which cant be repeated. We are now £40 down and as you can see his” bespoke for our boat roses” don't look any different from any one else's. But I must say we are more than happy with the end result  Paul put these on the side hatch doors to see how the colours came out however because they are not the correct size they look stupid on the other doors we will have to continue to look for some one who can make us exactly WHAT WE WANT  and speak to them face to face in stead of ordering stuff by email and web sites where as you pay for it up front you don't get what you want so who is the looser.( However sometimes speaking to some one face to face can go tits up as well as we know to our cost). Mr Tim Hobbs you wont be getting any recommendations from us. Oh yes the postage was £1 46 bit different to the fiver we paid.

roses 001 

My weekend was going okay until on Monday when we set out for my uncles funeral with 3 hours to go 80 miles giving us ample time to get there but the m25 had other ideas and there was an accident and it took us an hour to do 2 miles, we arrived late and had to creep into the service. But at least we got there, poor old Jess was a bit stressed out with the journey. Going home it took us an hour and a half typical.

Today I got to the station  to find all the trains to Victoria from Sittingbourne had been cancelled because there was a fallen tree on the line, lucky for me there is also a St Pancras train through this station that I was able to catch, this got in at 6minutes past. My train to Stafford went at 7 minutes past from Euston so had an hours wait. The train got into Stafford at 22minutes past and the bus goes at 20 past so yet another hours wait. So all in all a weekend spent hanging around on motorways and public transport. Icing on the cake, I took Tom to school and got absolutely drenched before I even set out on my journey home. But in spite of all this I had a smashing time with the family not sure if Paul missed me but I know the dogs did I got a waggy tail welcome when I got back.

1 comment:

John N/B Ellen said...

Of cause Paul missed you, there was nobody there to Bitch at!
P.S. If the roses are too small, they may "Grow on you", if there too big, try pruning!