FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 9 September 2011

Made it……..

Left around 8.30 this morning after two boats had already past us. Obviously the plan was to get to Sutton Road Bridge so I could replenish the larder. At least it was relatively warm today, overcast but humid. One thing we have noticed on our journey  is little piles of debris on the tow path where people have obviously been down the weed hatch, and yes, Paul has been down ours twice today, one proved fruitless but when we got here Paul found twigs plastic and all manner of things round the prop.  We were very tempted to stop at Hopwas as there was a nice spot but we bit the bullet and carried on.

For once luck was on our side and when we got to Sutton Road bridge there was a nice big space on a straight bit of armco so here we are. Have already been to Sainsbury's to get the bare essentials like beer wine and the heavy stuff, tomorrow I shall go back on my own so I can have a good look round with out someone wittering away at my shoulder who puts things in the trolley that aren't essential, just scrummy, like cream cakes. I need a bit of inspiration on the meals front I am getting fed up with having the same things all the time. At least Paul will be watching the F1 qualifying so I can take as long as I like.

Weather for Sunday night and Monday looks a bit grim with strong winds forecast. We have a bit of an agenda to get to Rugby for next weekend which is pushing it a bit as we have the Atherstone locks to contend with. As the restrictions are still on we will have to time it just right.

Today we have seen two huge dead fish one a common carp and the one here was a mirror carp. Both must have weighed well into double figures. So the ground bait has been put out and Paul is hopeful that he will catch something (lets hope its not a polythene bag).

2 comments:

Alleycat said...

On the food front, here's something to try - easy, cheap, and tasty! Chop any potatoes old or new into something like 1" size pieces and roast with roughly chopped onions, when half cooked give them a stir round and add the same size chunks of corned beef and cooked beetroot (not pickled! - the vacuum packed stuff has a long shelf life). When nicely browned it's nice on it's own, or I like it with beans and hubby likes it with a fried egg. It's also good to eat cold the next day or of course easily reheated. Forgive me if you're vegetarian - I read so many blogs I lose track a bit :) In which case maybe a bit of tofu would roast up just as well? It's the roast beetroot that's the star of this so whatever else goes with it doesn't really matter! Regards, Aly

nb piston broke said...

Thanks for that Aly, will give it a try but perhaps change the corned beef for chicken or bacon and perhaps add a few peppers!!!! You have really got my mind going now. Lynne