FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 1 September 2011

At last the sun is out!!!!

Well here we are at Tixall wide arriving here on Tuesday and yes we did get wet again. We have moored just before “the wide” as Paul is hoping the fishing will be better, to date it hasn't been.

Yesterday saw us in Stafford Paul had to go to Wickes for some bits we then went to Sainsbury’s for a bit of shopping. Thought I would get the heavy stuff while Paul was with me and of course I have to make sure that the fridge and the larder are topped up with “easy food” as I am going away in the morning. I returned to Stafford today for the “light “ stuff problem is that when you buy lots of light stuff it ends up very heavy and it is quite a walk from the bus stop to the boat. 

While I was out the oil was changed along with the filter, chimney was swept in readiness for the winter. When I got back I was commandeered into helping with the fixing of the hole where the old small Ariel had been. We couldn't fill the hole  as it would have meant matching the grey paint on the roof so Paul went up this route. Thanks for the suggestion of liquid metal.

tixall sept 11 001

This is the so called welded hole. I don't think so somehow. As you can see the water has seeped in hence the rust.

tixall sept 11 004

tixall sept 11 003

Neat eh and properly sealed so hopefully no leaks. This is a nut and bolt sealed with high modulus silicone and covered with a plastic cap.

As I said today dawned a bright sunny day and before there was any boat traffic I was able to snap this Heron opposite us.

tixall sept 11 006 

Look at the reflection of the trees.

tixall sept 11 007

Hopefully this weather will stay for the weekend.

We have had a result with the Roses they are on the way should be here tomorrow so Paul will be able to get them on. Tim Hobbs was very helpful and the price was good. A sample was emailed to us so we could see what we were getting.

2 comments:

No Direction said...

We like Roses too but prefer Quality Street. :)

John N/B Ellen said...

Good use of "nuts" with plastic covers!