I popped up the back of the boat to see how Paul was getting on as he was dangling his rod again, only to find him fast asleep, at the time it was quite warm under the canopy and he had dropped off. Needless to say he hasn't caught anything but while watching his float he spied a movement on the opposite bank and it turned out to be a weasel. He watched it for quite sometime and it then it returned to its hideyhole with a mouse. Taking it to a small hole in the bank I think its a bit early for it to have young. Then blow me if a barn owl started circling landing in the field. To cap it all I took the dogs out and when I came out of the woods Saffie just stopped and was staring across the canal there was a vixen staring back at us, she then trotted off. I know none of these things are rare but to see them all in such a short space of time was amazing.
Paul did try to take some photos of the weasel but because I have such a crap camera (his words) they aren't good enough to down load. Now, said camera is a bog standard point and go digital camera with a very limited zoom. Not ideal for wildlife studies but okay if you want to just snap things so it is perfect for me (photos on this blog prove this) so now himself wants to get a "decent" camera which has a zoom lens. Don't know when this will materialise but don't hold your breath.
Have just had a short sharp shower and now the sun is out yet again but the temperature has dropped.
Have surpassed myself writing on this blog twice in one day it wont happen often I can assure you. (Was that a sigh of relief I heard?)
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Thursday, 5 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment