FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 13 March 2009

Weedon

Well we made it and are currently moored up on the offside moorings by the church. On our way here we saw some friends we met while at our old marina. they have a winter mooring at Stowe Hill. They sold their original boat and now are the proud owners of nb Victory. Was nice to be able to stop and have a chat. On our way here I espied this tree now is it my imagination or does it look like a mobile phone mast?
As yet haven't had an email from BW to say the Buckby flight is open but we will stay here till Monday, who know the stoppage may overrun.
I popped into the village for a wander. I had checked with my First Mate guide to see if there was a doctors here and there is. According to the guide it is only open mornings and 2 evenings but when I found it it is open all day and I was able to make an appointment for Paul for later in the afternoon. I had to get milk and bread plus top the phones up so the One Stop shop was my next port of call. Managed to get a few bits and top up the phones before heading back to the boat.
Paul saw the doc, was the only patient in the waiting room and was in and out in 5 mins with a prescription for 3 months supply of pills, pharmacy is in the surgery so that didn't take long. We then checked out the pubs (like you do) The Plume of Feather has a curry night on a Friday 2 meals + drinks for a tenner so guess where we are going tonight. Of course I just happened to forget to take out food for tea from the freezer, convenient or what. I will get Paul to part with some of his money. Will let you know how we get on.

1 comment:

nblazydays said...

The Buckby Locks are now open, we will look out for you on our way dawn

Alan
Lazy Days