FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 3 March 2009

Fenny Stratford

We left the mooring at about 8.30am which for us is still the middle of the night. Paul wanted to get to Fenny Stratford before the weather closed in. After yesterdays lovely sunshine today was very grey as the song say "what a difference a day makes"
This is Solbury top lock, there were a couple of BW guys doing maintenance work so we passed the time of day with them.
As you can see the clouds were getting thicker and there was a definite breeze. Mind you these three locks are quite high up.
By the time we got to the bottom lock the sky looked threatening. The Three Locks pub is being refurbished, by the amount of workmen on site I would say it is being gutted. As this is one of the few pubs we haven't been in I cant comment on what it was like inside before the refurbishment started.
We continued on, going through one more lock, stopped at Willowbridge Marina for diesel and coal ( forgot the gas bottle!!!) diesel was 59p and I think they are keeping that price for the whole of March. The coal cost nearly as much as the diesel. We are now moored up just past bridge 98. By the time we got here it was very windy and the TV ariel blew off the roof. Paul did a quick rush up the gunnel to retrieve it shouting at me to take the helm, this I did not realising Paul had knocked the boat out of gear so as I was heading straight for a boat moored on the offside I couldn't understand why I had no steerage, expecting a load of abuse from himself I did my own bit of shouting, Paul was back in control in no time slamming the boat in reverse saying as he did so "you had no steerage because I knocked it out of gear" well, why didn't you tell me that while I was in panic mode I wondered to myself.
As I write this it is raining so the dogs will have to wait a bit to be taken out. It is nice here as Willowbridge park is next to the canal and is a lovely walk for the dogs. Looking in the First Mates guide there is a PO near by and Paul needs to renew his rod license so if we stay here tomorrow we will go for a wander. Couple of boats have gone past this afternoon they are obviously more hardy than us.

No comments: