
Friday we left the mooring and had a nice morning travelling looking for our weekend spot in the country. Finally found a really nice place just before bridge 62, no boats, no trains, no pubs and definitely no shops just perfect.
Once we were settled I took the dogs for a decent walk and nb Shannen happened to be coming along. We had seen them in the summer at Braunston and spent time chatting then as they come from Sittingbourne in Kent which is where my daughter lives. So I was able to catch up with them again, they were just going back to their marina at Yardley before popping up to Birmingham in the car. I now know their plans for the summer so hopefully we will see them again.
Today has been such a busy day for both of us Paul has painted the stern deck taking advantage of the nice breeze and sunshine to dry it off. When I took Paul a coffee he said to me "what are you doing" what am I doing? I had cleaned the fire out washing the tiles in the hearth, washed the nets (by hand I might add) which I put on the airer on the tow path. I then shampooed the carpet in the lounge, changed the beds, cleaned the mirrors and the windows. Was that enough? I think he thought I had been spending my time on my laptop, how wrong was he. So now its time for R & R . Paul has his war film on and I am catching up with my blog and my emails. Tomorrow I think I will do absolutely nothing.

No comments:
Post a Comment