FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 21 March 2009

kent

I am writing this from Jess's in Kent.Not a good start to the weekend as I lost my bus pass goodness only knows where I put it probably on the fire with the rubbish. So I had to pay!!!!!!! Knowing I was going to Kent I knew I could go into the council offices to get a replacement. What a saga that turned out to be, as Paul and I had omitted to go on the electoral roll ( a complete oversight on our behalf) they had taken my details off of the system and told me we weren't entitled to bus passes. I was getting a little frustrated at this point as we have lived in the area for over 30 years any way to cut a long story short I have a form to fill in return and then I will get a replacement pass at a cost of course. Jamie was with me in the offices and his comment was, for the length of time I was there if I had been an illegal immigrant I would have been rehoused. Hopefully it is all sorted.
I went out with my friend Angelique for a nice meal. (well that was the plan). What started out as a very pleasant evening ended up in a complete disaster. The Mexican restaurant was fully booked and they couldn't seat us until 9.30 which was a bit late for us, so plane B was to go to a Chinese that Ange knew. When we walked though the door there wasn't another soul in there how spooky was that! It was one of those Buffet places eat all you like for a set fee. Was a bit off putting to see members of staff stirring up the meagre morsels that lay in the bottom of the containers. You know what its like when you have this strange feeling you may have made a very bad error of judgement. But being intrepid diners we stuck with it and found some of the food was edible, they actually bought out fresh crispy duck which is our favourite so was eaten pretty darn quickly. Ange was very brave and went up for a 3rd plate but first mouthful and whole lot was left, she went up to complain as the choices were abysmal the food had been standing probably since lunch time and I had an awful feeling I was going to be ill sometime in the not too distant future. I'm sure you know what I am going to say, no reduction in the bill just a load of excuses, we should have complained earlier, they were willing to cook us fresh stuff but no they wouldn't cook it and let us take it away. So bill was paid in full no tip no goodbyes and luckily no upset stomach. we laughed about it all the way home.
Tonight I am having an Indian take away with the kids lets hope that this will be a better, certainly cant be any worse.
Other than that little mishap I am having a good time. Paul, I hope is missing me loads.

1 comment:

nblazydays said...

Lost bus pass, oh dear! Still its good to know that you need to be on the electoral roll to maintain these things.