FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Sunday, 8 March 2009

Bit breezy

Don't know what it was like last night where you were but here is was pretty darn windy. In fact I would go so far as to say it was near gale force. Early evening Granny Buttons went past, Andy stopped for a very quick chat before continuing on his way.
Today we still have the strong winds and we have had torrential rain and brilliant sunshine. About half a dozen boats have gone southwards and those going north have come down the canal crab like to compensate for the wind, we have had a few near misses where the helmsman hasn't allowed for the gusty winds. We will stay put until the weather has calmed down. Paul's paintwork is now dry and hopefully with the warmth under the canopy it will harden off nicely before we have to stand on it. At the moment the dogs are having to get off the boat via the cratch, no hardship but I have to make sure their feet are dried off properly before they come into the lounge, especially as I shampooed the carpet yesterday. As promised I have done tiddley squat today except for walk the dogs. Jess rang me so I was able to catch up with her. Give me another hour and the dogs will have to be walked again, and by the sound of it the wind has really got up so it should be fun on the tow path. Who knows what we will be doing tomorrow!!!!! Will have to check the forecast.

No comments: