FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Braunston

We got here yesterday after a nice journey through the tunnel (yes you did hear that correctly) we didn't meet anything coming the other way so it was a very pleasant experience for me. Being with John and Wendy made the locks easy as Once the two boats were in a lock I would go on to set the next one or sometimes two. Was sad to see the pub closed but it looked as though it is being refurbished.

We both managed to get onto the 48 hour moorings and needless to say the internet reception was non existent so that is why I have had to miss a day. As we need to be here for at least 14 days we had a wander up the towpath to the 14 dayers opposite the Millhouse on our way we passed nb Balmaha and it was nice to have a chat with another set of bloggers. Just before the turn there was enough space for at least 3 boats so we decided that Wednesday morning we would move up here.
Paul rang Hilmorton and booked the boat in to have its bottom blacked and arranged to get her BSC done at the same time, they could have done the boat on Monday but that was a little too soon for us. We go in Easter weekend. I have my appointment for the doctors Monday so I will be off to Kent Friday at least I will be able to spend Mothers day with my kids.

This morning Paul had me walking the tow path at the ungodly hour of 8.15am to check there were still moorings opposite the pub with walkie talkie in hand off I trotted like the good wife that I am. Every 5 mins I was getting "can you hear me okay" to which he got a curt YES. At least we now know that these contraptions have quite a long range. Anyway I digress, spaces were still there so a quick 10 4 for a copy and Paul was on his way. So now we are settled for a while TV works and if I sit in the cratch the laptop works. John and Wendy passed around 9.30 on their way up to Napton and then Birmingham, more frantic waving as they went by, can keep in touch with them by email, hope to meet up with them in Birmingham.
Beccy the sign writer knocked this morning to say hello. We now have to make a trip into Daventry to get a few bits and pieces so the bus passes will get an airing. No doubt Paul will want to call into Weatherspoons for a cheap pint of IPA.
Oh yes forgot to mention the boat moored behind us is Granny Buttons, we went about 15 months without every meeting him and now our paths seem to be crossing every few days.

2 comments:

nblazydays said...

Now that I know you I was able to have a good laugh at you trotting along the tow path Lynne. Boys and their toys! We have also had a great day of company with other boaters and a bike ride by the River Ouse. Makes such a difference when the sun shines. Hope Dr's appt trip goes OK. Maybe I should have arranged to be at home for Mother's Day as well. Best to you both, Frances

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Granny B is still afloat. I'll be returning tomorrow night (Thursday) to my beloved Granny, and I hope I arrive before closing time!