FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 28 March 2009

Busy bee's

Due to awful internet connection it has taken me until today to get on line I applogise in advance for length of this blog.

For the past few days we have been quite busy running hither and thither. On Thursday we met up with Pam and Dave the previous owners of our boat. Having a big breakfast on board the Gongoozlers Rest. Pam and Dave are having a new boat built so were on one of their visits to check its progress so we took the opportunity to catch up.


Thursday afternoon we paid a visit to the chandlery by the bottom lock to buy another cassette (cant have too many!!!)

Friday it was 20% off day at Midland Chandlers so first thing we called in there as Paul had seen some wall lights that he thought I would like and he had spied the perfect solution to our TV ariel pole problem. The original pole was too short to gain good reception, it retracted through the roof into the airing cupboard. To gain more height Paul extended the pole. This meant the pole had to be dismantled and laid on the roof while cruising. As Paul couldn't get an aluminum one he used a steel pole which has consequently rusted. So while in Midland Chandlers Paul had noticed a telescopic washing brush in aluminum which extended to 2 mtrs it was also the right size tube, so with out any thought to the expense forked out £11 for the brush. We also bought the wall light to replace the spots in the lounge area.
With regards to the pole within half an hour Paul had cut the ends off fitted the ariel and hey presto the whole thing now retracts back into the airing cupboard with the ariel sitting neatly on the deck while cruising. Whereas we had to dismantle the ariel before we now have one less cable connection and the reception is far better. Next job was to change the lights in the lounge which was, in Paul's words a half hour job. "I don't think so" As the new lights had to be switched from the existing switches these had to be removed from the wood paneling and new supply wires installed, however.......... the wiring to the switches was in such a state that they had to be re-wired as they were hazardous. The air was blue I can tell you, as it seems that every time there has been a job that involved the electrics Paul has found mega problems resulting in renewing or replacing wires or connections (wont mention the consumer box will leave that for another time). Paul has decided that at some point all the light switches will have to be replaced as they are not fit for purpose. These switches are designed to fit on electrical panels and not for domestic use. 3 hours later and Voila!! Much better don't you think and so much more light and the price £16.40 each, what a bargain.

Next job was to catch the bus into Daventry as I had ordered online for Paul a new fishing rod from Argos, I also needed a new hairdryer as mine kept blowing the electric so Paul cut the plug off so I couldn't use it (how kind). We got to town only to find Argos was closed due to a system failure, oh bugger that meant returning Saturday, remember I had lost my bus pass and these trips were costing me money.
Saturday morning Paul got up at 5am yes that's right 5am so he could watch the GP qualifying, now, I don't mind him getting up at some ungodly hour but when he doesn't turn off the alarm on his phone and it keeps going off I find that a bit of a bind. I went down that boat at a rate of knots there he was sitting with headphones on oblivious to the noise his phone was making. While I was there I demanded he sort out the clunking fender which he was supposed to move 10days ago and hadn't, that job done I returned to bed and Paul got back to the Tele oh joy no clunking fender and no squeaky TV ariel I finally got up at 8.15. Our next trip to Daventry proved a bit more successful as both rod and hairdryer were bought and we had breakfast in Wetherspoons so pleasant morning all round.
Granny Buttons moved off and while I was walking the dogs I came across Ernie on Ten Bob Note was nice to put a face to the blog, nice to meet you Ernie and Carol hope we catch up again soon.
It is now Sunday and yes Paul rose at 6.30 to watch the GP what a result eh good old Jenson!!!!
Finally this is the boat that Paul wants next, well not this actual one but a new one built to the same design now whether he will actually realise that dream or not is open to debate but who knows it could be a possibility.













No comments: