FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 17 June 2011

Alvecote.

Yesterday was a tiring day we did 5 miles and 9 locks, how did I cope. At least we didn't get wet. we were very lucky as we appeared to be the only ones going down every one else was coming up so at each of the locks we met someone coming out. Had a quick stop at bridge 43 so I could pop into Atherstone to post a card to number 1 son, 42 on Monday. Noticed a car shop and I knew Paul needed oil to carry out a gear box oil change so once back at the boat I sent him on his way and he came back with 2 5 litre containers which cost him £30. Once below lock 9 and moored up Paul changed the gear box oil. About an hour later our friends moored up behind us  and we spent a few hours catching up.

This morning we left around 9 and made it to Alvecote where we are now for the weekend. Paul wants to get the tiles laid in the engine room so the floor has had to be cleaned up prior to a coat of PVA glue going down, don't ask me why but he decided to take up one of the flooring sheets and this is what he found although none of it was a surprise there was sawdust every where, shavings, spent screws and even a pencil they just couldn't be bothered to clean up after themselves.

Alvecote june 2011 001 

Alvecote june 2011 005

Alvecote june 2011 006 Alvecote june 2011 007

Alvecote june 2011 009

Paul removed some of the ballast swept and hoovered replaced the ballast and the board is now ready for PVA. Tomorrow the washing machine has to be moved an the other two boards taken up no doubt we will find exactly the same shit and bullets. As this is the last of the bigger jobs I hope these tiles go down as easy as the rest we have laid.

5 comments:

John,N.B.Ellen said...

Jesus, how much oil does the gear box take then, & how often does it need changing?

Anonymous said...

Jesus waht a miserable old git. Has the old bastard ever been happy?. Never seen anything on your blog that he likes or is happy about. perhaps a trip to Zurich would brighten up the world.
Do, please let us know if there is ever anyting he likes or is happy about

nb piston broke said...

Well it doesnt take 10 litres thats for sure think it was about 4 pints that went in. This was the first oil change and then its every 750 hours or there abouts.

Julie said...

Hmmm, I wonder why Anon feels the need to be anon :)
Julie

Dave B said...

If I'd paid that much money I'd hope they would clean up and make a neat job of everything