FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 23 March 2011

On wards and upwards.

We have made good progress over the past few days and as I write this we are moored by bridge 170 just outside Banbury. It has been a lovely day for cruising. This morning we left Cropredy while there I found out from a local that there is a planning application for a marina for 300 boats. This while be where the narrow is just as you come in to Cropredy above the lock. Now where are all these boats going to come from I ask my self. This marina will have to be very competitive with their prices to encourage people to use it. So this will be another one to join the list with the one at Barby dug out another proposed at Onley how many more land owners will jump on the band wagon I ask myself

We made a quick stop in the centre of Banbury so I could pop to Argos to get a couple of chairs for sitting on the tow path needless to say they didn't have them in stock nor my second choice. So back to the boat without looking in another shop. The temptation was very great I can tell you I am suffering from retail withdrawl symptoms. Next plan stop at bridge 168 to do a shop at Morrisons that was a mistake too, as we came under the bridge to where we normally moor ( having past a nice stretch before the bridge) there wasn't any spaces. Two  70ft hotel boats had taken up the room of course no one was on board. So we continued to our planned mooring here at bridge 170. Then after we were settled I walked back to Morrisons with my short!!!!!!! list. I was good and didn't deviate from the list even though I was sorely tempted. To make sure I didn't buy too much I only took the rucksack and a couple of bags, well I might not have bought much but what I did was very heavy that will teach me should have taken the trolley. Where was Paul? Listening to the budget of course.

Our next stop will be in the country somewhere we hope to meet up with Ann and Keith for the weekend. Need to chill out again I think.

1 comment:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

It should be quite a low key marina with no club bar shop etc. so should be a bit cheaper than the opposition. The sort of marina I would go for if I wanted to moor in the area.
See http://www.crickmarina.com/cropredy.html