Hope you all had a good day yesterday we certainly did. Spent a pleasant evening with Bottle and Wozie on nb Oakfield who had struggled to get here through the ice from Hillmorton, but being the intrepid boaters they are made it, although the journey took a lot longer than normal.
Today we have woken to brilliant sunshine and milder air temperatures. The canal appears to be melting but the weather forecast over the next few days is a bit grim. But of course it has been wrong in the past.
Just look at this sky!!!!!!!
Lots of walkers taking advantage of the weather so the tow path is getting extremely muddy which will be a bit of a pain with the dogs but never mind.
So that's it all over for another year, better start saving now for next Christmas (and the teeth). Must sit down at some point to think of a route for the spring and summer. I know Market Harborough is on the agenda and maybe Stourport but who knows, we will just point and go. That's what its all about after all.


2 comments:
Hello,
In reading your bio I see you are a Patricia Cornwall fan. I enjoy PC's books, too. I wonder if you have read any books by Carol O'Connoll. The first in her series is "Mallory's Oracle." If you like PC you will thoroughly enjoy Carol O'Connoll.
I am making plans to retire to the U.K. on my own narrow boat and so I follow the blogs to learn more about daily life on the cut. Thanks for sharing the details of your lives with us. Happy New Year!
Jaqueline
Pullman WA USA
The end of the known world
Hi Jaqueline, glad you enjoy the blog. No I havent read any Carol O'Connoll books I will have to look out for them. Have just read a few Joanne Harris books and I thooughly enjoyed those. Good luck with your retirement how long do you have to wait? Are you an expat in the USA.
Post a Comment