FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Dentist!!!!

Yesterday I had to be very brave and go to the dentist. Have had a niggly tooth for a while and over the weekend it really gave me gip. So on to the PC to get a phone number of a dentist in Daventry and luckily they could see me at 11.30 which fell in nicely with the times of the buses. Betty and Graham were going into town so we all walked to the bus stop together. Once in Daventry it was a quick trip to the wool shop as Paul had asked Betty to knit him a jumper (bit out of my league I'm afraid) so pattern and wool chosen it was off to the dentist. Now I hate the dentist must stem back to the school dentist of many moons ago when you had gas for your extractions. I am a bit braver now and try not to look too terrified when I get in the chair. As luck would have it there was no major problems just old age rendering my teeth more sensitive. Was given a couple of free samples of a brilliant toothpaste (dentists words not mine) so lets hope that works. While there I made appointments for both Paul and I to go back for a proper check up might as well take advantage while we are moored up for a while, Paul wasn't best pleased when I came back and told him he had to go to the dentist on Wednesday I think the last time he had his teeth checked was about 20 years ago, do you get the impression he is a scaredy cat!!!.
Gosty pulled alongside yesterday evening so we have diesel and coal now until they come back again. They have been putting in really long hours to make sure they don't let their customers down. Ian was telling us that Sunday night they got to bed around 1am then were up again at 5am plus they have had the ice to contend with, all I can say is rather them than me but we really appreciate their dedication.
At least today it looks as if the canal is thawing a bit but there has been a smattering of snow overnight and its foggy so glad we are staying cosy for the day.
On Sunday when I was walking the dogs there was a couple coming down the footpath through the field from the church, we were on the towpath opposite and their little Border Terrier saw Crystal and Saffie, he came hairing down the field couldn't stop and went straight into the canal. Ice broke but of course he couldn't get out so, with a lot of coaxing from his owners and me he finally swam across the canal where I was able to grab his collar and pull him out. He then proceed to bark at us now there's gratitude for you.

No comments: