FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 4 December 2009

Coventry at last.

This morning we were up bright and early to make the trip to Coventry. Just as we left the boat Leon and Ray on the Old Bovine pulled in at the water point. As we hadn't seen them since we were at Whaley Bridge we just had to spend a bit of time catching up. After about half an hour we were off again to the bus stop. 2 bus rides later and we were in Coventry, we had our day planned and I'm pleased to say we managed it all.
A trip to the old bombed Cathedral was a must and it is a very moving place.

Of course we had to go to the Motor Museum, the exhibits we saw were good but the upper floors were closed so Paul was disappointed as this meant that the main motor cycle exhibits were out of bounds. Still it was a very nostalgic couple of hours for Paul as he remembers working on a lot of the old cars. Yes he is that old.

Is there REALLY a Triumph in this box?


Here is one for you Eric. You must remember this Armstrong Siddley. It was in pristine condition.





Is this how you started your apprenticeship Eric?









I was bored to tears when I was given a in depth talk about this bike a Sunbeam S7 as Paul had rebuilt one for his friend Steve in 1966.

Once all the viewing was done it was off to the shops for the final hit of Christmas shopping with Paul dragging behind. Mind you he did surpass himself by buying 2 pairs of jeans from M&S I had to feel his forehead as he went quite pale when the bill came to £25. He certainly isn't a big spender. He then took me into a Wetherspoons for lunch then told me it was my turn to pay, this fell on deaf ears so he had to get out his wallet again. I could see tears in his eyes.
Then it was time to get back to the boat as we had been out most of the day and the dogs were crossing their legs.
Tomorrow Paul is going to set to, cutting the acrylic for the windows, he feels guilty for having a day off stupid man.
Glad to say that Crystal has got over her bad leg and is walking okay now and is back to her usual self. I have to tackle the wrapping of the presents as I have arranged with Jess to meet her in London next weekend for a girls day out.

No comments: