FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 17 December 2009

Winter drawers on or so they say.

Not only was it my winter draws but my vest and thermal socks as well. Boy was it cold on the back of the boat this morning. I had offered to run the hoover round while we were on the move but Paul cottoned on to my ploy to stay in the warm and got me to do it before we set off. (what a meanie he is). Just before leaving the mooring we had a call from Derek nb Gypsy Rover who was checking to see where we were as he wanted to see how efficient the double glazing was. Told him we would be in Braunston in about an hour and a half. As we moored up by bridge 89 with Braunston Church across the field we spied Gypsy Rover just coming under the road bridge they moored up and came aboard. I put the kettle on (got to get your priorities right) and a very pleasant hour or so was spent catching up, the men on boaty things and us girls on Christmasy things. It is so nice to see people who you have spent time with during the summer (we met Dot and Derek at Whaley bridge) hopefully we will be able to see them again soon and this time have a proper drink!
I needed to go to the village for milk and bread also popped into the butchers for a couple of nice meat pies just hope we aren't snowed in tomorrow as I need to get to Tesco for food. Afraid to say that try as he may Paul has succumbed to the dreaded weed again ( mega temper tantrums) but has reduced the amount he smokes considerably, having said that as he rolls his own he doesn't smoke that much any way. He has also taking to only smoking in the cratch, he says it puts him off having to sit in the cold so the ciggy consumption is down.
After I came back from the village I set to and made another boat cake no rum this time as it is Paul's tipple and supplies are getting a bit low and as this is his Christmas bottle he has to make it last.
Weather forecast is on the tele and we can expect -4 here tonight brrrrrrrrrrrrrr we did have a flurry of snow this afternoon while Paul was busy on the playstation and I was baking luckily it was just a few flakes don't think my family in Kent and Surrey are going to get off so lightly.

1 comment:

Pete Gray said...

Great to meet up last night at the Boat House. Pete and Elizabeth www.bellaboat.blogspot.com