Well the weekend is nearly over and surprisingly enough even though the wind has certainly been brisk to say the least there have been plenty of boats about. In fact today a boat pulled in front of us for lunch and as they went past Paul said “how was the journey” and the skipper replied “hell”. They stopped for half an hour then continued on their way now where is the pleasure in that I ask myself, but I suppose they are out on their holidays and they are determined to get to their destination come hell or high water, and today it would appear they have had both of those.
Bit of a flow here.
I have been quite excited these past couple of days, and believe me for someone of my age that doesn't happen very often. Now what has bought about this excitement, well, the bedroom and bathroom have seen the paint brush and we are getting there, one side in the bedroom completely finished and below the gunnel on one side in the bathroom done.
Pale cream done.
Believe it or not this is sage green.
Copper pipes masked up.
Nearly done.
Looks good.
If this wind keeps up we will stay here another day and so the other side in the bedroom and bathroom will get painted. We cant do the cream paint in the bathroom as we don't have any filler, it seems to have got lost in the cavernous cellar. Talking about the cellar that is now a lovely shade of green not the red oxide that it was. So all in all a fruitful weekend. I haven't been idly watching Paul do all the work I have been there washing brushes and rollers clearing up and being a general dogs body, also provided tea and sandwiches at the requisite times and I might add I have cleaned out the kitchen cupboards and washed the tow path side of the boat down.
One of the many boats that passed to day was Petroc with Gillian and Geoff on board. Once again we are on our own it is nice out of the wind so the chairs have come into their own yet again.
After all this work I think its time for a cuppa and a biscuit a chocolate one of course!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment