FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Splish Splash!!!!!

We took the bull by the horns this morning and set off  in a bit of a breeze. The journey didn't prove too bad but we had a couple of hairy moments when it got a bit gusty. Believe it or not we saw three dead lambs in the canal over a stretch of about a mile by their condition they had obviously been in the water for some time, they had numbers on so don't the farmers notice that a ewe is missing her lamb.

We stopped at Marston Doles to fill up with water and it took over half an hour but at least we are topped up now. While we were there the crew from a hire boat leaving the lock told us a tale that they had heard about another hire boat that had stopped on a water point. One member asked what to do with the hose and was told put one end on the tap and one end in the tank so they did no more that put the hose inlet end on the tap in the kitchen and the outlet end in the tank and then wondered why after 4 hours the tank still wasn't full up. Now I am only repeating what has been told to me so how true all this is I cannot say but it made me smile.

Another thing that made me smile while at Marston Doles was after I had set the lock I popped back to make sure Paul was on his way and there he was half in and half out of the canal. Up to one knee in the drink, I rushed to his aid asking how he had got himself into this predicament. His reply was, as he was putting the hose away in the gas locker the force of the boat coming out of the lock had made our boat come away from the armco and he lost his footing. Now at this point I was expecting a comment that the front rope wasn't tied up tight enough because guess who had tied the front rope up!!!!!!!!!! but I was wrong nothing was said, being the hero that he is he carried on with a wet foot and jeans.

Again we were fortunate with the locks boats coming out as we were going in, at one lock though one boat tried to run us into the trees was too impatient to slow down past some moored boats and just barged through, after all this time we are getting used to this now.

We are now moored up a Napton by the Folly pub where we will be going this evening. Caught up with John on Mr Jinks who was on the water point and is making for Wigrams where he has a permanent mooring. I had a wander up to the village for bread and milk.

napton 001 

You need to enlarge the picture to read the inscription wonder how many people go on a Sunday?

napton 002

Love the style of thatch on this house.

So here we are, there is clear blue sky and a breeze, not a howling gale just a breeze. Should make Braunston tomorrow but then again we may stop on the way who knows, who cares……… and I need to crack the whip Paul hasn’t finished the painting yet.

No comments: