Its funny isn't it how it takes you a while to get back in the swing of things after having visitors. Since they left we seem to have been catching up with the mundane things, but yesterday Paul had the remaining pair of side hatch doors in the engine room off to varnish them, so now it is just the surround to do but as it is tipping it down today that job will have to wait a bit longer. Paul has bought some wood to trim the “hole in the wall” so as I write that is being done.
One of the more pressing jobs is the water tank Paul had the cover off to see just how bad it is and was pleasantly surprised after 6 years it isn't to grubby. But of course we have to empty it before it can be scrapped down and a couple of coats of bitumen applied. So we have to pick our time as it will mean a few days with no water to allow the tank to thoroughly dry out. We have a container we can use for us and the dogs, canal water will do for the toilet. I cant wait to see Pauls 6ft 2” frame in the tank must make sure I have the camera handy.
I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I am not looking forward to that, what with having our eyes tested and new glasses on order, this is proving an expensive time. Not only that I have also been to the doctors and now have a letter waiting for me from the hospital for a routine check up so I think that is everything covered. Best to get all these things out of the way before we set off for the summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment