FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 23 May 2011

On our own again

Well our friends have not long left us and we are on our own again. It was lovely to see them and I was sorry to see them go. On Saturday we drove to Stratford on Avon as none of us had ever been. Paul chose to stay behind he had a more pressing engagement which was the qualifying of the GP. I know this is a bit on the sad side especially when we have guests but Steve Angelique and I had a nice time wandering round. We went in the Field and Trek shop and they had some nice walking shoes half price so we all got a pair and I managed to get a pair of sandals as well, two pairs of shoes for 30 quid bit of a result I thought. Saturday evening saw us in the Exotica Bengal in Hillmorton yet again we ha a lovely meal and in the restaurant was a stag party with the groom resplendent in wedding dress and veil was a bit on the noisy side but we didn't mind that, as they lads were quite entertaining.

It is a pity that the wind has been so strong but Angelique and I did manage to spend some time on the tow path with our glasses of wine while the boys did some thing quite boring on the boat, this was the drawing up of plans for Steve's new shed see I told you it was boring. So now we have to plan what we will do next, the water tank has to be emptied, scraped and cleaned then given a couple of coats of bitumen which means the water carrier will have to come out and water will have to be used sparingly for a few days. 

Believe it or not the wind has dropped and the sun is out so I think that Paul will getting the rod out, think he has had withdrawal symptoms.

No comments: