FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 28 May 2011

Hole? What Hole?

What can I say Paul has finished the door for the “hole in the wall” and this is the result. We have gone from this:

cupboard door 003

One bit of trim

cupboard door 004

3 bits of trim

cupboard door 005

All the trim AND the shelf

To this:

cupboard door 009

Perfect fit…

Door and trim still have  to be varnished but I am well impressed with the final thing. This little door has been remodelled out of the door that was in front of the washing machine when it was in the kitchen, so quite a lot of adaptation. The router was put to use yesterday while I was at the dentist. There was just a little hiccup this afternoon when Paul was chiselling out where the hinges had to fit and I knew what was going to happen when it did, the chisel slipped and sliced Pauls finger,

cupboard door

What would we do without a bit of tissue and electrical tape?

This didn't stop the intrepid carpenter he carried on regardless. So now once everything is finished I can sort out the cupboards yet again. This will be my larder cupboard.

On Thursday I was looking out of the side hatch doors like you do and this is what I saw coming under the bridge,

cupboard door 006

We thought we had a smoky engine.

cupboard door 007

Getting closer.

cupboard door 008

Laplander on her way to the show.

Talking of the show we actually went today. First time we have ever been to a boat show, weather looked a bit iffy but the rain held off although it was none to warm. We had to call in to the Beta stand to pick up a new air filter then we had a good look round and Paul resisted buying any thing at all other than a burger and an ice cream for me. Day was made even better when we met up with Ann and Keith nb Oakfield. Haven't seen them for all of 3 weeks!!!!!! There were plenty of people there showing interest in the boats are these people genuinely looking for a boat or just being nosey, I would prefer it to be the later.

Tomorrow is water tank day. After the GP Paul is going to empty the tank so that by Monday morning it will be dry, well that is the plan. Then he can squeeze his skinny body into the tank and scrape off the loose stuff and then get the bitumen out. At this point I think it will be a good idea for me to walk up to the Co-Op to buy a bottle of something alcoholic as I am sure he will need a tot or two when he surfaces.

2 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

As you know Laplander was on her way to Crick. That is Sean in the engine room driving while the Rev. Ian is on the tiller, I have no idea why he was wearing light colours, no one wheres light colours to steer Laplander as you get covered in black oily smutts.
We passed you today, no sign of life but I thought the glass was very clean in the pigeon box.
It wasn't Paul filling water containers at Hillmorton by any chance.

nb piston broke said...

As you saw I use this "miracle" galss cleaner it is so good it makes the glass dissapear.......... We must have been at the show when you went by so it wasnt Paul at the water point.