We arrived here on Friday not the ideal spot but as usual Braunston is heaving. We plan to stay put unless a space comes up opposite the church which I don't really think is likely. Friday evening saw us up the pub with Ann and Keith. We sat watching the boats wizz by helped in some part by the wind and in some part by the definition that tick over is around 1000 revs.
As is the norm while here I have been to Tesco just for top up and Paul has been to the chandlers (both of them). We need some belts for the engine and Paul likes to use Morrison's oil but it is one that isn't stocked, the wharf house got the last lot in for us. Any way at the Wharf house they could order in the belts and the oil but the oil would take 4 weeks to come in which is too long. So off Paul trots to Midland Chandlers now believe it or not they don't stock belts at all and cant get them, the oil they could get but it would be £80 delivery charge on top of the cost of the oil. £80 they are having a laugh. Those of you that know Paul can imagine the kind of response all this has raised. Next step was to ring Autoworld in Daventry who have got us filters in the past (a lot cheaper than chandlers), and the belts will be in on Monday, as for the oil will need a re-think on the brand we use.
I am getting a bit fed up with this wind now although it isn't cold, saying that when I got back from shopping yesterday because it had rained Paul had lit the fire, it was like a sauna poor dogs were up the back and still panting. Luckily once it was shut down it didn't take long to go out. I am getting fed up with cleaning it out get the glass all sparkly for Paul to light the blooming thing again he needs to put some meat on his bones perhaps he would like some of mine.
I plan to go to Kent next weekend need some family time then we will think about moving on.
Would love to comment on the speed and attitude of some of the boats both private and hired that have passed us but will refrain.

1 comment:
Unfortunately it would mean turning round but Calcutt usually stock Morrisons oils although I am not sure about which grades.
Post a Comment