FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Happy fisherman!!!!!!!

Every where we stop the fishing rod comes out and like all fishy tales there is always the one that got away. Paul has been fishing here since we arrived on Friday, not continuously of course he has had to fit in the decorating. Tonight there I was happily clicking away on the computer when from the back of the boat came the shout “ Lynne bring the camera” much muttering under breath for himself interrupting my clicking but knew better than to ignore “the call”. For once I could appreciate the thrill of the chase the fish on the end of the line was certainly putting up a fight.The rod was virtually bent in half.

fish at braunston 002

I am honestly not exaggerating when I say that the battle went on for about half an hour after this time the fish had a lapse in concentration and Paul was able to land it and what a beauty, well worth the battle of wills.

fish at braunston 003

Just about fits in the net.

fish at braunston 005

15ib what a whopper!!!

fish at braunston 009

Proud fisherman.

fish at braunston 008

He wont catch another one like this in a while. Worth all the hours sat on the back of the boat. Bet I know what Paul will be doing in the evenings while I am away.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Hi Paul and Lynn.
Been following your blog for a while now, we passed you at Braunston on Monday afternoon, you are the first blogger that we've passed on the cut, got so excited the boat was all over the place, didn't see either of you and there was nowhere to stop so we carried on, maybe next time.
Back to work for us tomorrow so I'll just get back to following your travels each evening.
Nice fish Paul, that really is the one that didn't get away.
All the best
Colin and Sandy
nb.Sandalwood

John N/B Ellen. said...

By Jove! That is a wopper,( I bet that hasn't been said to you that often). Is it you record weight?