Yesterday I returned to the boat after spending a very nice weekend in Kent. I was able to offer my services baby sitting while Jess and Jon went out, my payment was to be taken to the cinema to see Sex in the City2 and then had a very nice Chinese. I haven't been to the cinema for ages, and I have never watched Sex in the City on the tele but my Jess is totally addicted to the programme and while she was in New York recently went to see where “Carries apartment” was. (is that sad?). Any way I enjoyed the film and spent a very enjoyable evening with Jess.
Once back on board I caught up with all Pauls exciting news catching up with what he had done with his days while I had been away and it would appear that he has done absolutely nothing, now am I surprised, of course not but then again if he is to do things he needs me there to moan at, so he was at a loose end. Only highlight if you can call it that, was on Sunday when he was watching the Grand Prix, he saw a couple of young girls of about 10 years old by the boat and didn't think anything of it, then he saw one of them had the broom off of the roof and the other had one of the directors chairs also off of the roof, so he ran up the back of the boat to shout at them and retrieve our stuff. Needless to say being girls they ran screaming down the tow path after they had thrown the bits in the canal, a passing boat picked up the broom and Paul had to get the boat hook to get the chair. He did walk up to Badsey’s to see if they were up there but of course they weren't. When Paul mentioned this little episode to Dave he said they haven't had any problems like this at Hillmorton for years so lets hope it was a one off.
Looks like we will be on the move soon, have sorted out our accommodation for when the boat goes in, we will be in Rugby which will be handy for shops, the station and Paul getting to Hillmorton (by bike which we have to buy as we sold ours!!!). Just want a change of scenery now.

No comments:
Post a Comment