There I was yesterday, meat marinating nicely BBQ at the ready spuds in the oven when we had a very loud thunderstorm with lots of rain so that put paid to that idea. Sorry everyone I must confess I had my shorts on!!!
This morning it has been considerably cooler with frequent heavy showers. Plenty of traffic passing though with I am pleased to say no contact. Around 3pm we could hear the “donk” of a Bolinder in the distance, then Kangaroo passed us, these old work boats seem so large when you are sat in the confines of a narrowboat, 5 minutes later Jaguar passed towing Australia, the helmsman of Jaguar looked as if he had been down a coal mine his face was covered in soot, both he and the female steerer of the butty were getting very wet in yet another short sharp shower. We are here on our own and all being well we will move on tomorrow up to Hawkesbury and onto the Coventry.

No comments:
Post a Comment