We made an early start getting onto the water point before 9am, while the tank was filling Paul did the dirty jobs! Left turn at the junction and joined the queue for the locks. There were quite a few boats behind us as well luckily these locks fill and empty quickly so we were soon on our way.
Passed by the Armitage factory, where would we be without this invention.
This nice place is a restaurant on the offside before the very narrow cutting where the crew have to jump off scurry through the cutting to make sure nothing is coming as it is strictly one way traffic. As we approached there was a boat coming through the lady on the tow path warning us of its arrival. I leapt off and ran along the tow path to make sure nothing was coming and yes that is right I RAN.
This is Spode House now used for weddings etc.
This is the view as you come towards Rugely and this power station seems to be with you for ages. We did stop in Rugely to allow me to pop into Morrisons and when I came out half hour later it was raining so I got a bit damp on my return to the boat.
No sooner was I on board and we were off again passing some very nice back gardens and it didn't take long to be out in the country again. We are now moored up with a few others in site of Bridge 69, we plan to stay here until Monday, at least it has stopped raining. Lets hope that England do us proud tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment