FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Sunday, 27 June 2010

Off tomorrow!

We feel as if we have been on our holidays while here at Tixall. Oh yes I can hear you saying “but you are permanently on holiday”. Well, no, when we moor up for a while we normally do stuff you know cleaning, servicing etc. This week we have done tiddly squat. Just sat, relaxed, chatted and  partaken of the occasional alcoholic beverage.

On Friday evening this appeared out of nowhere..balloon 006

I looked out of the side hatch and there it was, didn't hear a splash so it must have managed to gain height.

Saturday was another glorious day for the show at Shugborough. I had an walk to the village around 10 before it got too hot. Around midday the air show started and I think that we were in the best place to see it. Wasn't quite the Red Arrows but enjoyable all the same. As expected the moorings were full to bursting point. I hardly saw Paul at all what with MOTGP and F1 qualifying during the day then out came the fishing gear about 5 and apart from having his evening meal he sat on the back of the boat till 10.15 pm. He had a really good time catching loads of fish of all different types and weights, one happy husband. I read my book and watched Andy Murray, one happy wife!

This morning we woke at 9.30 Paul fell out of his pit about 9.45 so that was half of the day gone.  It is now 1 o’clock the air show has started again F1 is on the tele  and it is very hot again.

It is strange isn't it how we get used to seeing the wildlife on the canal the herons, grebe, swans with cygnets then along the tow path comes the “townies” with their camera’s round their necks ohhing and ahhing and snapping away. You then look at things in a different light and appreciate what a lovely life we have aboard especially this time of the year.

So we will leave this mooring in the morning and head back the way we have come it will be a slow journey we have 6 weeks to get to Rugby Do you think we will manage it????????

No comments: