FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Whats 12 hours between friends!!!!!!!

While Paul was fishing last evening nb Oakfield pulled in behind us, not our friends on their Oakfield but another one. It didn't take long before everyone was chatting away. Let me hasten to add I was aboard at the time. After about an hour Paul came below to inform me that there was a stoppage notice on Fradley middle lock from 10 wed morning till Thursday. Now that was a bit of a bummer because we don't normally set off until around 10. So on going to bed alarms on our mobiles were set for 6am. No sooner had we gone to bed than the blooming alarms were ringing well that's what it felt like any way. Off we set about 6.45 one boat had already gone, to me it still felt like the middle of the night but I must admit it was lovely so peaceful with no boat movement (strange I thought). When we got to the offending lock I read the notice and the stoppage was from 10PM till 9am Thursday, so the information was 12 hours adrift. Well that put paid to our plans as we were hoping to moor at Fradley for a few days and everyone there was still asleep. At least the water point was free. I picked a country mooring that I thought would be nice just past Streathay, when we got there it was only 8.45 so we continued in the quiet and the cool deciding now to get to Hopwas. By this time there was a bit more traffic about but we have managed to get on the same mooring we had when we went down. Not saying how long we are staying here for but we plan to catch the bus tomorrow but which way do we go Tamworth or Litchfield decisions decisions its all to much for me.

No comments: