FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 21 June 2010

At Tixall Wide.

What a scorcher of a day for travelling. I resisted the temptation to put on a vest top as I knew I would get very burnt and after Paul’s brush with cancer due to the sun we do tend to be quite sensible.bridge 69 to tixall june 2010 003 

The scenery along this stretch of the Trent and Mersey is lovely with rolling hills in the distance. As we approached Colwich lock past some very impressive houses there were already 2 boats on the lock landing waiting to go up. There was a boat coming down so that worked out okay. As we moved up three more boats came in behind us. I am afraid I did have a bit of a rant while I was helping a couple with the lock, as I say, there were by this time about 5 boats waiting and was there anyone from this lot helping me perish the thought. As Paul came into the lock he shouted to me just take your time which is precisely what I did do. At Heywood lock a boat came out as we approached. When we got to the  junction all I got from Paul was “are you sure this is the right way it looks wrong to me”. Well, who is the navigator here and have I ever sent him the wrong way, no, of course not “Oh yea of little faith”.

There was a lady on the tow path looking at this heron with its wings hanging out to dry, must admit it did look as if it was injured but when I walked by an hour later it was gone.

bridge 69 to tixall june 2010 006

So here we are moored up at Tixall Wide and I must admit it is as nice as every one says it is, Paul swung the boat round before mooring up so we are facing the way we came. I don't know how he managed it but with all of this vast expanse of water to turn in he still managed to hit the bank with the nose of the boat. Okay I couldn't have done any better.

bridge 69 to tixall june 2010 009 

This is the view from my kitchen window cant have better than that can you?

bridge 69 to tixall june 2010 011

I wandered back to the PO at Great Haywood to see if they accept post and they do so repeat prescription was sent off and now we have to wait here until it arrives. We have the luxury of shops pubs and the farm shop in the village but I cant see Paul walking to any of them, his wounded knee (think that was in a cowboy film) couldn't stand the 15 minute walk, poor old soldier that he is.

1 comment:

angela.allebone@googlemail.com said...

Tixall is one of our most favourite places on the system. Lucky you for being there!