WE had been here just a couple of hours, Paul had got his head down for a few hours kip I was on the tow path reading my book when all of a sudden CRASH The Lime Farm day boat had crashed into us now why had this happened I haven't a clue all I do know is Paul leapt out of bed at a speed I have never seen before. The two old guys were very apologetic but yet again the poor paint work has suffered and Saffie was a jibbering wreck in the cratch. Paul was spitting feathers and the language was unprintable.
We settled down again having a nice chat with a boater who had moored up behind us, after a while we retired to our relevant bits of tow path for a well earned drink. In the distance a Roses hire boat was coming along a bit on the fast side with a very attractive bikini clad young lady on the helm. All of a sudden she lost it big time she was screaming, Paul was shouting and then the crash happened more paint off, more apologises and more swearing. Saffie was yet again in the cratch thinking “what the hell is going on here”. She hasn't got on the boat since and as I write this she is on the tow path on her own even her tea hasn't tempted her on board.
Ever since, when we see a hire boat coming Paul is like a cat on a tin roof until they have gone past safely. What will the rest of the weekend bring I ask myself.

2 comments:
Now if you were in a car and another one took some of your paint off !!!
Money would have to change hands or it would be an insurance claim...
If its any consolation it is not just you this happens to. I think we must have a target painted on our boat for hire boats to aim at as well. What makes it worse they seem to be told to laugh it off as it is a "full contact sport" Grrrr!!!!! Today we shared a lock with a hire boat, I partly blame myself as they lulled us into a false sense of secruity saying they have hired for 20+ years.Well first lock he whacks open the paddle nearly tips his wife of the back of their boat, boat swings across and we now have a nice dent in the side of our boat, still it is a full contact sport.....double Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment