Paul was up with the lark today , that is to say he was up with the lark but only started work after he had watched The Wright Stuff, this was mainly because he was a bit undecided as to whether he was going to risk finishing off the paint. In the end he said "oh sod it" and got on with the job that was started yesterday.

The stern boards were done yesterday so the rest of the paint work was done this morning and then it was out with the tin of bitumen to paint above the water line.
Nice and shiny now but it wont last long. 
While he was busy outside I was busy inside with the Brasso getting the curtain rods nice and shiny. The bag of bits for the charity shop is growing by the day. Does any one want 3 crystal decanters and some glasses? At one point I actually caught him chatting to a couple of lady hikers one of whom took our phone number as she was interested in the bikes. Well that's the story he told me any way, (it must be true as he can't remember his phone number and it is mine that is on the bikes). At least it has stayed dry for once and the hire boats that were out in their droves today actually looked as if they were enjoying themselves.

While he was busy outside I was busy inside with the Brasso getting the curtain rods nice and shiny. The bag of bits for the charity shop is growing by the day. Does any one want 3 crystal decanters and some glasses? At one point I actually caught him chatting to a couple of lady hikers one of whom took our phone number as she was interested in the bikes. Well that's the story he told me any way, (it must be true as he can't remember his phone number and it is mine that is on the bikes). At least it has stayed dry for once and the hire boats that were out in their droves today actually looked as if they were enjoying themselves.
Tomorrow we have to get water etc then we will come back here(hopefully) so Paul can paint the other side of the boat. I then have to make sure there is enough easy food in for Paul while I am at Jacks. No doubt Paul will make a couple of trips to the Gongoozlers.


1 comment:
Great! I feel so happy when I read and saw photos in your blog. I thought that it was a big voyaging ship but when going down then I realized it was a house :). Thank you for the nice posting.
Post a Comment