FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 5 September 2009

Babysitting

Well here I am at Jack and Clares doing my "nanny" bit. I got here on Thursday, it was Alfies first day at school so we all wandered down to pick him up. Milly had given me the evil eye as she hasn't seen me for ages so I was a bit concerned that things for the weekend were going to be a bit fraught to say the least. Alfie totally ignored me so that went well but he was more concerned with telling mum and dad about his day at school. I made sure I kept a low profile and after a couple of hours they were chatting away and insisted that I read them a story which turned into nearly their whole book collection, but at least the ice was broken
Friday was a busy day Jack was back at work so once Alfie was at school it was a quick trip to Staines to get bits and pieces Clare and I were quite frazzled by the time we had to get to school. Needless to say last night a couple of bottles of wine were consumed and I woke up this morning with a bit of a head. Paul appears to have been busy I have rung him everyday and he assures me he has painted the other side of the boat and an oil change is earmarked for today.
Jack and Clare left for their friends wedding so I am alone with a 4 year old and a 2 year old I have been told the routine and if all else fails put the TV on and they will be fine. Certainly takes me back a bit but I must say it is nice to be able to spend sometime with the grandchildren and so far so good. At least the sun is shining so we have spent a couple of hours playing ball. I am sure by the time bed time comes I am going to be absolutely shattered but wouldn't have missed this for the world.
They live right near to Heathrow so I can almost see the passengers on the planes as they pass overhead after taking off but after a while you get used to the noise, if the queen can live with it when she is at her place in Windsor so can I.
Well got to go Millie wants yet another "Spot the dog" story will know them off by heart soon and there is only 8 books in the collection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did the same this weekend with my granddaughters aged 7 and twins of 14 months, not far from you either.
They were all very good girls for grandma and started playing up the minute mum walked in - ho hum :-)
Julie