It seems very quiet without our friends, has taken a couple of days to get back into a routine must admit it is always nice to get back into your own bed.
Yesterday we went into Rugby just for a wander , I suggested to Paul that he get a body warmer as you don't always want to wear a big jacket on the back of the boat. We went into various places with no luck, popped into the new Asda and they had a nice padded one for £10 but that was dismissed as it didn't have enough pockets just how many do you need, isn't 3 enough,well obviously not so we kept on looking.I loose interest when I am not shopping for myself so waited outside the numerous shops that were visited. One outdoor shop had a nice line in a thing similar to a body warmer with loads of pockets but not very thick and at the give away price of £59.99 Paul couldn't believe his eyes so we left empty handed yet again. As a last resort Paul went in to an upmarket surfy kind of shop I was having a chuckle to myself because although they had a sale on everything in the window was over £30 so I really couldn't see Paul splashing the cash in that store. Half hour later he emerged wearing a nice padded body warmer bargain at £32 reduced from £64 no more pockets than the Asda one but according to Paul his one has a bit more "style" needs to for that money.
My daughter had sent up our post and amongst it was a nice tax form for Paul to fill in so that has been completed and sent off this morning while we were in Daventry.
We are undecided as whether to move off for a few days it all depends on the weather if it is as windy as today we will stay here for another week just wanted to be out of the way for the Bank holiday weekend. We will probably go back towards Napton junction where we know we can turn round.I need to be near a bus route as I am babysitting for Jack next weekend. Lot quieter here today but then it is the middle of the week and the hireboats are mid holiday. Still cant believe the amount of empty places on the moorings here.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Wednesday, 26 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment